|This is a great opportunity to become a key member of a growing, market-leading specialist data and analytics team, working closely with some of the industry's finest and a portfolio of prestigious organisations on topical data issues. You will develop deep expertise, working across a variety of engagements with the support and training you would expect from a global Big 4 firm. You will benefit from shared national and global expertise, whilst focussing on working on local engagements across a range of client sectors.
The team help clients to establish the right controls, processes and structures to ensure that decisions are based on accurate information, and assure that information and data provided to regulators and third parties is accurate, complete and can be trusted. Engagemjents typically involve:
• Data management, including data migration on technology programmes, data governance and designing and implementing responses to regulations such as the General Data Protection Regulation;
• Analytics and reporting, including visualisation of data to help organisations manage business risk establish the right controls, processes and structures to ensure that information can be trusted and improve decision-making;
• Advanced analytics, using data science techniques to help clients navigate future risks and opportunities through predictive and prescriptive analytics.
It would be useful to have a combination of::
• Background and track record of technical experience in data mining and how this can be used for assurance / auditing or adding value to a client - e.g.CAATs
• Analytical skills surrounding the quality of data within business systems and how these can be resolved, ability to assimilate data and provide insightful analysis to address clients' questions or problems
• Excellent relationship manakement – specifically a high level of interaction with the business and not focussed on a back office technical role.
• Microsoft BI Stack including SSRS, SSIS, SSAS, MS SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012, MS Excel and MS Access
• Good working knowledge of ACL, VBA
• Knowledge of an ERP e.g. SAP or Oracle
• Data Visualisation tools such as QlikView or Tableau
Adam Appointments is the only Scottish agency specialising exclusively in Corporate Governance recruitment.
Please get in touch to request a full job spec and discuss in confidence!