Looking to deploy your model risk management skills and experience in a different way? Exploring a move into Internal Audit could be an interesting career move, that could give you a more rounded, strategic view on all aspects of model governance and risk management.
In response to ongoing developments in the business, our client would like to bring in an experienced modelling professional to help deliver independent assurance and opinion on a complex portfolio of credit risk model assurance audits. As an Audit Manager in the team, you would also be expected to contribute to the following:
– Providing specialist expertise and input for the development of methodology and standards for the auditing of Model Risk, specifically for capital and impairment models and in line with regulatory requirements and our clients 3 Lines of Defence model.
– Develop detailed plans, perform and oversee analytical tests to provide reliable, independent assurance and agree value adding management actions with the business, enhancing the control framework.
– Development of the audit plan for Model Risk and helps to prioritise work based on risk and an understanding of business objectives and relevant regulatory requirements from the PRA and ECB SSM.
– Engaging with external advisors and co-source providers to develop and keep abreast of regulatory development and best practice.
To be successful in the role you will need:
– Good knowledge of model requirements, governance and processes for IRB, IFRS9, forecasting and stress testing as well as a practical understanding of credit risk modelling methodologies and or validation principles and techniques.
– Sound understanding of the key risks and controls throughout all stages and aspects of model lifecycle including quality of the underlying data; models methodology, performance and limitations; model automation and model use.
– Strong planning and organisational skills, proven ability to deliver to tight timelines, experience with managing and delivering multiple tasks.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills and experience of delivering reports to senior management; excellent attention to detail.
– Prior experience within Audit / Risk Oversight functions is preferable.
– Experience in the use of relevant programming tools (e.g. SAS, VBA etc) is beneficial.
– Experience with the PRA and ECB in connection with IRB models is beneficial.
The client has offices in Edinburgh, near Gloucester and London. You could be based in any of these locations and would have flexibility to work from home for part of the time.
If this is something youd like to explore further and if you meet the necessary experience requirements, please get in touch.
Adam Appointments is the only Scottish agency specialising exclusively in Corporate Governance recruitment.