We are helping our client, a UK Challenger bank, to source high quality candidates for a key new role they have recently created in the Internal Audit team. The Senior Audit Manager Customer Banking & Conduct Risk has been created to align the way IA works with the conduct agenda in the organisation. Working horizontally across the business, this new position will play an essential role in helping join up customer and conduct risk in all areas of the bank and its operations.
The client has offices in Edinburgh, near Gloucester and London. You could be based in any of these locations and would have flexibility to work from home for part of the time.
To be a success in the role candidates need to have:
– A background in leading customer facing audits in Retail Financial Services experience of leading on the customer and conduct agenda
– Demonstrable relationship management capability, both in building good relationships that add value to the business and also the ability to land difficult messages
– A comprehensive understanding of retail financial services/banking and, in particular, the commercial realities of applying the FCA Handbook in practice
– Current experience working as a Senior Audit Manager, responsible for delivering a portfolio of audits
– A friendly, collaborative leadership style, coupled with coaching skills to develop others
Whilst this role is at SAM level, there is a clear succession path for the right candidate to progress to the next level.
The role carries a Senior Manager level package which will include cash benefits allowance, car allowance, bonus, and generous employer pension contribution and leading holiday provision.
If this fits your experience and youd like to hear more, please get in touch.
Adam Appointments is the only Scottish agency specialising exclusively in Corporate Governance recruitment.