Our client is a leading provider and distributor of life, pension and investment products for the corporate and personal markets. Based in Edinburgh, they are looking to bring in a Senior Risk Manager on a 24 month, Fixed Term Contract.
Operating as part of the Enterprise Risk team, in the second line, this is a key senior role with significant impact within the business as it is central to the development and continued embedding of risk management. The role supports the Board and relevant management committees in their understanding and oversight of the identification, management and control of operational risk across the business in the UK. They are looking for candidates with particular knowledge and experience in managing risk related to change, technology, outsourcing and other strategic developments.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
– Drive effective risk management by using influencing skills to provide constructive challenge, support, feedback and subject matter expertise to risk and control owners and others in business areas.
– Provide support and guidance to the business in managing risk related to change, technology, outsourcing and strategic developments.
– Provide risk oversight of project and programme delivery.
– Provide insight into risk exposures by undertaking effective analysis and interpretation of risk and control MI, and other data.
– Build and maintain an effective network of working relationships across the business and within key third parties.
– Leads, develops and motivates people across Risk and the wider organisation, in the embedding of a strong risk and control culture.
– Contribute to the development of the risk framework, policies, systems and processes.
– Delivery of the Risk function plan through planning and agreeing delivery responsibilities with senior management and others in the business.
To be successful in the role, candidates should have:
– Thorough understanding of current best practice relating to the management of change/programme risk, IT/security risks and third party risks within large and complex financial services organisations.
– Experience of working in a project environment related to delivery of strategic change.
– Ability to understand regulatory requirements and to communicate effectively the requirements for their application in the business environment.
– Strong strategic and commercial awareness, able to present the big picture.
– Highly developed influencing skills in order to gain co-operation and build successful relationships.
– Effective communication and report writing skills.
– Working in a senior level risk management role within a financial services organisation.
– Ability to lead, motivate, and develop staff.
If this fits your experience and youd like to hear more, please get in touch.
Adam Appointments is the only Scottish agency specialising exclusively in Corporate Governance recruitment.